Founder and President
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism from Northern Illinois University; public relations studies, University of Washington.
- Professional: Board of the PR Council, US trade association for public relations firms; active supporter, Free The Children.
- Personal: Lives in Chicago with her husband and daughter. Has a passion for fashion, design and good wine.
I founded Current in 2006 with The Clorox Company as our first client. I thrive on challenging both sides of my brain to develop results-driven campaigns that combine business strategy with creative savvy. I immerse myself deeply in our clients’ businesses and take pride in mentoring our employees. I’m a fervent believer in hiring people capable of, or likely to, take my job. In 2014, I was recognized with PR News’ “Top Women in PR Award.”
Prior to launching Current, I spent nine years at IPG agency Weber Shandwick, rising to EVP. I honed my skills at Publicis in both Chicago and Seattle.
Executive Creative Director
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in communication design from the College for Creative Studies, integrated marketing, University of Chicago.
- Professional: Member of AIGA; supporter of Evanston Art Center; frequent industry speaker; mentor to college students and portfolio judge.
- Personal: Lives in Evanston, Illinois with her husband and two children. Enjoys escaping to her cottage in Michigan. Spends her free time renovating homes, crafting, and entertaining.
I joined Current in 2012 to create a thriving digital team made up of people with great skills, instincts and taste. I’m entrepreneurial in spirit – I enjoy exploring new territories and solving difficult challenges. I’ve been lucky enough in my career to have worked with wonderful mentors who taught me that to be a strong leader you need followers. So together, my team and I have done great work for many brands that have been recognized by Cannes, Communication Arts, Hermes, How, and the Webby’s.
Prior to landing at Current, I spent 13 years at digital agencies (Critical Mass, Digitas and Razorfish) helping to raise the integrity of experience design and overseeing creative teams.
Executive Vice President
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism and Bachelor of fine arts degree from The University of Iowa.
- Professional: Frequent speaker and media contributor on the subject of marketing to moms – NBC, National Public Radio Marketplace, eMarketer, PR Week.
- Personal: Lives in Evanston, Illinois with her husband, three children and dog. Still tries to paint and sketch, likes to read and cook, and enjoys watching sports with her kids.
I’m an inherently curious person and have spent my career in the agency world and as a consultant to a variety of top brands. Over the course of too many years to admit, I’ve had the pleasure of leading award-winning campaigns for Clorox, General Mills, Kraft, PepsiCo, P&G and Unilever, as well as major industry initiatives like the got milk? campaign. I have particular expertise in marketing to moms, having created a nonprofit research-based industry group devoted to studying moms over the past decade.
I joined Current in 2008, but started my career with 11 years at Weber Shandwick. Along the way, I spent six years as a consultant and co-founded the former Marketing to Moms Coalition.
Executive Vice President
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in public relations from Pacific Lutheran University.
- Professional: Founder of the (Consumer) Goods Guild, a communications networking group; PRSA member.
- Personal: Lives in Mill Valley, California with her husband and twin daughters. Seeks outdoor activities to relieve stress and worships the sun she moved to enjoy. Posts lots of toddler pics and outdoor landscapes on Instagram. Called on as official calligrapher for family and friends.
I joined Current in 2007 when I moved from Seattle to San Francisco looking for a new adventure, great career opportunity and better weather. Happy to say I found — and thrive off — all three. Current’s culture and client partnerships have allowed me to explore new things and grow professionally, while working with people and in a city I love. My favorite things about my job are: the feeling I get when we find a real, authentic, great idea and it’s validated by the fact that it generates even more creative thinking; seeing a client’s product in my favorite magazine or on my favorite blogs; and learning about other people’s lives and careers as part of figuring out how to tell a client’s story in a new way.
Prior to joining Current, I served in communications functions for some of Seattle’s most well-known residents: Eddie Bauer, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Gary Payton, and the Seattle Super Sonics.
Executive Vice President
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in mass communication and journalism from Boston University.
- Professional: Public Relations Society of America, New York chapter; IPG Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
- Personal: Moved across the Hudson 15 years ago to raise his two boys. Finally considered himself a true New Jerseyan seven years later. On weekends, divides his time between hiking, biking and striking out on new adventures with family, and friends.
I joined Current in 2011 as head of the New York office. Four years later, I still enjoy coming to work every day to engage with, mentor and learn from some of the most talented people in the business. I am a self-professed brand junkie who loves to break down a client’s DNA, figure out what really makes them tick, and harness the prose and passion of powerful storytelling. My mantra is to over-deliver and exceed expectations — always! That must be one of the reasons so many of our clients grow and stay with Current for the long haul.